Monday 7 May 2012

You'll Never Guess What I made!!!

Would you believe it....................
Of all the things I could have made today, I made a cushion, yes, a cushion!!!

That totals 318 cushions made in the last 3 weeks or so, anyone would think I was sick of cushions, I for one certainly was, however, my cushion idea was a cute little 12inch square designed to go along with my camper van and beetle cushions which you will all remember seeing in an earlier blog post.

It didn't take long at all and I actually enjoyed making it as opposed to my previous "not another cushion" mind set!!



For those of you who haven't checked in to find out the winner of the "Guess My Time" competition the winner was announced in my previous blog: And The Winner Is..................

I did a bit of baking over the weekend, I set out to make a nice Coffee and Walnut Cake, the house has seen a lot of comings and goings over the last 4 days, and some of the goings seemed to involve taking slices of my cake along with them, an unattended cake never lasts long in this house, I had thought of taking a nice picture of a scrummy cake to show for Handmade Monday so I got the camera out, went to the kitchen and opened the tin........................



Hang on a minute! I don't remember making a "Half Circle" cake!!! The missing pieces have been blamed on the "Fairy Cake" eaters, members of the family who I don't recall seeing over the last few days, and the newly available "it was the dog" excuse, which has been used for all intents and purposes since Dougie arrived!

Talking of Dougie, what a little character he is turning into already, I'd said in a previous post in the first few days of having him what a sleepy head he was and how he was quite timid and shy.........

Not any more!!!

He woke up Saturday and had obviously decided he wasn't the shy retiring type and came out of his crate somewhat deranged haha! Since then there has been no stopping him!

Here's a few updated pictures I've managed to snap in his calm state:

What A cutie!!

This is enough to make anyone's heart melt!

And here he is in full loony toon glory!



It was really nice to see him wake up full of fun and yap, we somewhat have to tread carefully at the moment as he is non stop around your feet asking you to play, I've already tripped over a few times trying to avoid stepping on him the little tyke!

Anyhow, there will no doubt be more pictures of Dougie as I continue to blog to my hearts content, I have a few Patchwork Square Tutorials to add which I hope to find the time to do tomorrow, so if you're sewing along with me, make sure you check back in soon!

For now I'm going to link up with Wendy for her brilliantly hosted Handmade Monday feature, if you have the time to pop over there you will find a whole host of interesting bits to read and other blogs to visit, I would also recommend a visit to Wendy's other Blog Handmade Harbour, where you will find some really interesting articles based around craft businesses along with tutorials and interviews with a whole host of brilliantly talented Artisans!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, such a little terrier! So cute, and getting cuter.
    What a lucky (or smart) girl Mrs. Pink is, to get a tea cozy!
    And that cake looks outstanding. I used to bake often, but now that I can't eat wheat it's not nearly so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cushion and the cake look fab, but the puppy steals the show!!! How cute is he?! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your cakes taste as good as they look then I don't blame the fairies! Cakes don't last long in our house either - must be the same fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy cake and cute puppy - could any two things be more appealing!!!

    love your cushion too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your mammoth task and Dougie is so sweet, Shiloh was the shy and retiring type but that all changed at about 4 months, now noisy and self opinionated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dougie is beautiful and your cak looks to die for so I'm not surprised it has been so popular!! X

    ReplyDelete